Sunday, April 23, 2006

On the right track

Good morning everyone! This is your hard-working friend, Claire, tuning in to give you the latest updates on life at the desk. The good news it, things are looking up. While a few unrelated google searches have still occured, their number is dropping rapidly and my bum is getting readjusting to being planted on a chair for many consecutive hours. Work is going well, the sun is shining into my room, and I feel just peachy.

So here is where we come to the advice section of my blog. Not as in I give you advice, rather that you give me advice. As many of you may know, I have really horendous money management skills. One thing that I have really noticed that I spend a lot of money on is food. How do you bright, money-aware people out there keep your food budgets from going through the roof? I love food and, unfortunately for my wallet, I love good food. I also really like fruits and veggies and being healthy. From what I know of most of my beloved readers, you are smart people, you are people who like to eat, and, as far as I know, none of you are rich. Thus, I think you know something about this topic and are just waiting for me to ask. What's your secret (or maybe just some rules to live by at the grocery store)? All suggestions, other than eat less, will be warmly welcomed, possibly even with mail, which I might be able to afford when I stop being such an idiot with my food budget.

4 comments:

Raggsokk said...

Concerning your food budget problems....I really don`t have any good advice for you. Sorry!

But! I love your "Paree pictures". The cheese party pictures really made my stomach rumble:) Such a fantastic thing to do! If your budget is going down the drain because of activities like that; just let it! IT`S WORTH IT (right?..)!

skhl said...

eat a lot of good cheese until your stomach hurts, then you won't have to eat for a while and that will save money maybe

skhl said...

and stop spending SO much money on those damn meat hats

skhl said...

okay well I have a real suggestion this time: remember how in door county we used to eat dinner for free all the time at art gallery opening receptions? they always had the good cheese and a lot of good fruits and vegetables and sometimes even free wine... just a thought.